Monday, April 7, 2014

Current Skincare Routine

I think this is my simplest, most random skincare routine ever. I only use 3 products, which follows the basic skincare step-by-step which is cleanse, tone and moisturize.

Even the products are random because they are from 3 different brands. I typically like to use one brand for my whole skincare routine because I think it produces the best result, but strangely, my current skincare routine works!

Without further ado…

1. Cleanser – Mud Rang Cleansing Foam

glama-boxitem-images-426-2013070313263538

I’ve never heard or seen this cleanser/brand in any store until I won this in a giveaway. I was quite sceptical to use this at first because I’m afraid it will dry me out (‘cause, you know, it states “clay” on the packaging) but surprisingly, it doesn’t! It foams up easily so you don’t have to use much, and it cleanses the face pretty thoroughly. I feel that my face is really, really clean after using this but it doesn’t strip off all the oil from my face because I don’t feel it dries out my skin. So far, I’m loving it.

I don’t know the price or where to get it so I cannot provide you that information should you are interested in it. Sorry! I don’t know whether I would try to find it once I run out but I’ll worry about that when I finish this product.

2. Toner – Dr. G Super Aquasis Moisture Toner

105908504001n

I like trying out new products, and since Dr. G brand never breaks me out, on one fine day, I decided to try this toner. I was debating between this and one from Avene brand, but in the end I chose this because it claims to be super hydrating. It has quite a thick consistency compared to what I used to, maybe pretty much like Hada Labo toner, but it works well and I think it lives up to its claim.

One thing I don’t like is that it comes in a glass bottle so it is quite fragile and not really suitable for travelling because it is heavy. I also found that it runs out pretty fast, maybe because of its thick consistency. I like this toner but I’m not sure whether I would repurchase this.

3. Moisturizer – Hada Labo Perfect Gel

MLsg-213HadaL-Pack-PGel-1

Read my review here.

I’m loving my current skincare routine! It makes getting ready so much faster now. I did have an eye cream but I don’t know where it went. I lost it somewhere. I will replace it eventually because I feel awkward without an eye cream, but I can say that face masks, scrubs, pimple cream, etc. are not important to me anymore – it used to. I can live without them, I’m sure.

No comments: