Thursday, August 1, 2013

I Have Food On My Face!

Honey Turmeric Mask (HTM) is probably the most raved mask in my street right now. I saw my colleague have been posting about this mask in FB for a few weeks already but I didn’t feel like trying at the time. Then my housemate came home bringing HTM and been wearing it during her free time but I was still not interested to try. Until one day I was left alone at home with nothing to do. I saw HTM in our kitchen (my housemate kept it in the kitchen cupboard), saw a bottle of honey and I was texting her in an instant asking permission to use her mask. She said yes.

I mixed the HTM with honey until it becomes a paste, washed my face with cleanser, applied the paste and let it on for 30 minutes. The mask sat comfortably on my face; my face didn’t feel hot or anything and the mask didn’t drip onto my clothes. When the 30 minutes was off, the mask was slightly dry on skin but it was easy to wash off. When in contact with water (I just use water from the tap) the mask broke off in chunks and because HTM had a slightly gritty texture, it exfoliated my face as I was cleaning it off.

HTM had a very strong herbal scent and even mixed with honey, I could still smell it. It bugged me a bit but I was satisfied with the result. My face felt smooth, clean and moist afterwards. HTM didn’t stain my face just like common turmeric so that was good.

I was sold and I bought the mask a couple of days later. According to my read, turmeric has been used as a beauty treatment for hundreds of years – I didn’t know that. Turmeric has antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. As for honey, honey gently cleanses and moisturises the skin, reducing swelling and inflammation and also has antibacterial properties. Used together, honey turmeric mask is especially effective for acne and dry skin.

Seeing my simple HTM recipe was successful, I started to add more ingredients in the mask to maximize the result. I added yogurt and ESP. With these combination of yogurt, ESP, HTM and honey, I found that the mask dried really fast, like in 10 minutes (ratio yogurt to honey was 2:1 so maybe that’s the factor).

CYMERA_20130801_071032

ESP + HTM + Yogurt

Plus

CYMERA_20130801_071111

A few drops of honey

CYMERA_20130801_070749

1) HTM + Honey; 2) HTM + ESP + Honey + Yogurt

Although the result was good, I found that yogurt slightly irritated my skin. The skin around my mouth tightened and cracked so I knew that I was allergic with yogurt, not the other ingredients. I just knew.

So next I just mixed ESP, HTM and honey to make the mask. Doing it for the second time, I found that ESP was able to mask the strong herbal scent of HTM so I was not disturbed by it anymore. Yay! However, the scent came out strongly during washing. But it was a natural scent so it wouldn’t affect anything.

I strongly recommend you to try this all-natural mask!

CYMERA_20130801_070502

1 tub of HTM contains 200 g of product; comes with a free bottle of honey

I bought mine from Aimi (01126886562)

No comments: