Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Timotei Shampoo & Conditioner

Have you ever seen this duo in the store before?

CYMERA_20140225_210644

They are the Timotei brand shampoo and conditioner. I first saw them when I was in KK last Christmas holiday. I was staying at a hotel near Guardian Gaya Street, needing a shampoo, rushing to Guardian to get one and bought it. Just the shampoo though.

At first I was quite sceptical about it because I’ve never seen the brand before. Of course I doubt it; what if I use it and doesn’t suit my hair thus damaging it? But nothing else attracted me except this shampoo, so I just closed my eyes and picked up the one with avocado image on it (there were two others but I don’t remember).

It retailed RM 16.90 if I’m not mistaken. At Guardian. But I think I got in on sale, maybe 10% off, so I paid less than the original price.

Okay, so what attracted me so much about the shampoo? First, it claimed to be 100% natural extract. Second, it claimed it contained 0% paraben. However, when I looked at the ingredients’ list, it contained SLS so that threw me off a bit. But the smell was really, really good so maybe that was the third factor that contributed into me buying this product.

CYMERA_20140225_210723

At first I thought it smelled like chocolate but after washing my hair, husband commented that my hair smelled like coconut oil. I sniffed…and it really did!

My hair did smell like coconut oil…and a bit chocolaty, I must say.

Fourth, it was made from avocado oil and macadamia oil. From the knowledge I got from watching beauty videos on Youtube, I know that macadamia oil was really good to nourish the hair. So I was sold.

The thing about the shampoo being intense repair/nutrition intense and specifically targeted for dry and damaged hair, I cared less about it. But I did have dry hair so I guess it suited me.

I left my shampoo back at the kampung and when I returned to Kuantan, I searched immediately for it. But if I only knew how hard it was to find this specific brand and type of shampoo, I wouldn’t have left it.

After countless trips to different Guardian stores (I only ever find it at Guardians), I finally found it. There was only one pair left for the Timotei avocado shampoo and conditioner duo, in bad condition nonetheless, but I didn’t care because I was searching for it for so long so I just bought them.

I liked how using the shampoo alone could make my hair less dry and smelled so good. Paired with the conditioner, it was less dry, smelled so good, quite shiny and less tangled. I think it was my hairbrush that did this but I also have less hair fall than before.

Oh, I think I can bravely say that this Timotei shampoo and conditioner duo would be a good dupe for Kiehl’s Amino Acid shampoo and conditioner that I was so crazy about before. But the Kiehl’s were really expensive, RM75 for 250ml of product, whereas Timotei you could get for RM16.90 for 300ml of product. They were similar in scent and performance so Timotei is a really great bargain!

Loving it and highly recommend it!

No comments: